Thursday, December 6, 2007

a special gift

My Grandpa passed away back in July. Last year my Grandma told me that Grandpa was making some nativity scenes for family members. Truthfully, I was really looking forward to receiving one, but never did. As Christmas was approaching this year I couldn't help but think about it and mentioned it to my parents. When my dad was out at the farm yesterday helping Grandma he saw some of the wood Grandpa had used to build these with and asked her if she knew if there were any more, because Em really wanted one but didn't get one. Grandma was shocked that I hadn't received one, but she said that last week she found two in a box, and sent one to me with my dad last night. I am a sentimental person, and as simple as this nativity is, it means so much to me. It's like one last gift from my Grandpa. I miss him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!