Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday Monday....

So it's Monday, and sometimes I feel like I actually like Monday. Sometimes I don't like Monday, but more and more it is becoming one of my favorite days. Maybe because we can get back into our "routine", (and I use that word very loosely), because on weekends things get a little wacky around here. I like wacky, but it is nice to get back to a sense of normalcy.

Ben is sick, fever of 101, poor guy. Been coughing up a storm and looks/feels awful. I am praying that none of the others catch the bug, which I know is a pipe dream, but a girl can dream. I guess that is what comes with having lots of kids. He started indoor soccer this past weekend, which is really fun for him.
Gabe is as cute as ever. I think, "I could eat him up" several times a day.
Luke is still in the middle of his regression from potty training. I feel as if I have used up all of my tricks and my bag is empty. Any tips, anyone??? Other than that he provides us with plenty of entertainment around here. (see pumpkin cake picture below)
Maddy is LOVING school. My sweet angel girl. Today she heard Gabe crying while I was getting him dressed and the next minute there she is with his binkie. I didn't even have to ask. She is just a peach.
Syd is a cheerleader now. She loves it and I am glad she is able to try out all of these new things now that she's in middle school. She cleaned her room this weekend. I think our dumpster is full of all the junk she threw away. :)

Tonight we're having ravioli w/ marinara sauce. Easy. That's my kind of meal! I will pick up a loaf of crusty bread on my way home from Maddy's dance class tonight to serve w/ dinner.

I finished a book this weekend and now I am really wanting to pick up my knitting needles and yarn and start a blanket for Gabe. I have only ever made scarves, but one can only use so many scarves...know what I mean? I found the most adorable, blue, soft yarn at Michaels a month ago. I checked out two "knitting for kids" books from the library a couple of weeks ago in the hopes that I could get the hang of this. Wish me luck!

No comments: