Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen reasons I love being a mommy:

1. Just hearing little voices saying "mama" or "mommy" or "ma-ma-ma" melts my heart!

2. Being the one they want to comfort them.

3. Smelling my freshly bathed angels, smoothing lotion on their soft skin.

4. Having my schoolies come home and telling me about everything that happened that day.

5. Hearing their laughter when all 5 are playing together, I'll never get tired of that.

6. Middle of the night cuddles, when one (or more) join us in our bed. Oh how I love those little arms reaching around my neck.

7. Kisses and hugs OF COURSE!

8. Knowing each child's favorite foods, and surprising them with their favorites.

9. Silly jokes that don't make much sense, and laughing at them anyway because the one telling the joke is so darn cute!

10. Watching each of them develop a passion for something and pursuing it, working their hardest.

11. Experiencing new milestones. Each one is bittersweet, knowing they are growing up too fast.

12. Seeing my children love each other, and take care of each other.

13. Knowing that these 5 wonderful people were entrusted to me, by God, to love and teach!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments: