Monday, December 1, 2008

quotable moments from a Monday...

the daddy: "Mads, do you still want to be a veterinarian when you grow up?"

the 6 year old (in all seriousness): "No, I don't want to work when I grow up."

the mommy and daddy: "What?"

the 6 year old (again, in all seriousness): "I want to be a loafer."


After putting Gabe to sleep, I was carrying him upstairs to bed. Already I could hear Ben and Luke's voices in the middle of a quiet conversation. So I stopped at the doorway and listened for a while, and this is what I hear:

B: What is your favorite gumball?

L: Blue, dark blue

B: Oh yeah, that's mine too.

B: Ok, what is your favorite time? Like bedtime, lunch time, breakfast time, day time?

L: What about school time?

B: Yeah, that too.

L: School time is my favorite time.

B: Oh. Cool.

So I walk in the room and lay G in the crib. I look over to Luke's bottom bunk and there they both are, laying side by side, like best friends. Ben tells me that Luke asked him to snuggle him, so of course, how could he say no to that?

It's definitely moments like these that do my heart good after a long day. I love those kids.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

My middle girls share a room, and I love to "listen in" on their talks before they go to bed. They sound a lot like your boys. =)