Wednesday, December 1, 2010

on finding joy...


I'm going to try something new-ish, and use the month of December to list 100 things that bring me joy. One of my favorite bloggers has started this, and it spoke to me enough to dust off my neglected blog and join in.
I do struggle finding joy every day, tending to be the half-empty girl. Over the past year, I have really felt God whispering to me to simplify, let things go, and to recognize the many things that He has given me. I am going to continue to seek Him, delight myself in Him, and find joy.

Psalm 5:11 "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."

So for my first five things that bring me joy:
Sydnee, first born

What an absolute joy to see this beautiful girl on fire for God, working hard at school, doing her best to help at home and to get along with her siblings. She brings joy and love into this home.

Benjamin, first son

Funny, quiet, smart, handsome, atheletic. My heart skips a beat when he steps out of his pre-adolescent awkwardness to hug his mama and tell me he loves me.

Madyson, pickle in the middle

My heart, my sweet girl. Her shyness reminds me so much of myself. She is a listener, picks up on anything that is needed and jumps to help. Smart, funny, loving, helpful...her laugh is pure joy!

Luke, second son

His smile lights up any room, his laugh is contagious. Learning to read and write, being a leader at school. Full of energy and (sometimes) mischief. Still hugs and kisses me when nobody is looking.

Gabriel, the youngest

Happy, strong, growing up so fast! Loves his big brothers and sisters, loves wrestling his daddy, loves to help his mama.

No comments: