Friday, October 26, 2007

potty talk...read at your own risk

I will spare some of the disgusting details, but I feel we had a major potty breakthrough today with Luke. He was potty trained about a month and a half ago and the #2 part finally was trained around birthday time. He went to Build a Bear to get a new bear (actually he picked a turtle), and I thought we were home free. Not so much. We have had major regression in the past 2 weeks, with many accidents of the most disgusting nature. I can't even tell you how many pairs of underwear I threw out over the course of 2 weeks. I can tell you that we were running VERY low on the underwear stock, so much so that he had to wear a diaper today because I am a bit behind on laundry and the 3 or so pairs he has left were dirty. And the pull ups were all gone.
Well, bribery is sometimes the only way to get through a situation like this, in my humble opinion, so at the store today we picked out the most awesome package of Power Ranger underwear a 3 year old little boy could ever want. The catch? He has to go #2 in the TOILET to be able to wear the awesome undies. He held that package of underwear through the whole store. He even opened them and touched them, talking about how much he likes them. Guess what 3 year old boy did when we got home? #2...IN THE TOILET!!!
I hear a little voice call me from the bathroom, "mommy, I p@@ped!!"
I reply, a bit warily, (can you blame me?) "WHERE??"
The 3 yo, "in the to-let"
Me...screaming and laughing and jumping around. You'd have thought I won the lottery!
We immediately called daddy to share the fantastic news and grabbed the new, awesome undies and picked his favorites to put them on. We are saving the other 2 pair for the next 2 times he goes in the potty.
Ahhh...victory. At least for today.

No comments: