Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Well, I'm 30! Today is my birthday and I really don't feel any older or different. I still have to change poopy diapers and get spit up on and settle arguments between the kids. :) I must say that it is VERY strange being 30, my 20s seemed to go on forever, and I loved them! I know my 30s hold many wonderful moments too, so I thought it would be appropriate, on Thankful Thursday, to list the top 30 things I am thankful for. So, goodbye 20s, hello to a new decade!

I am thankful...

1. for God. for all of the things on this list and so much more.
2. for David, my wonderful husband of almost 12 years, whom I have shared half of my life with so far!
3. that my hubby puts up with all of my grumpy moods, etc.
4. that he also is a wonderful father to our beautiful children. I couldn't ask for more!
5. for our beautiful firstborn daughter, Sydnee. She is growing up so fast it is breathtaking.
6. for our awesome firstborn son, Benjamin. He has grown so much this year, emotionally and physically.
7. for our magnificent middle child, Madyson. She is the sunshine in my day.
8. for our spunky and loving son, Luke. His hugs and kisses melt my heart.
9. for our youngest son, Gabriel. He is the gift of a lifetime, so full of love and peace.
10. for the tears I am crying now, because I am so grateful for all of the above. I have been given so much.
11. for the home we all share, it is warm and full. Like the Toby Mac song, love is in the house and the house is packed.
12. for the food on our table each day. We are never hungry.
13. for the cars we drive so we can fill our days with fun things to do.
14. for the crazy, busy days that I find myself complaining about. Because it means we have ways to touch others and be touched as well.
15. that I have a wonderful dad and mom. They are always so willing to lend an ear or a hand, they love and support us so much and love our kids to pieces.
16. for my in laws who are so supportive and generous. They adore our kids too...our children are so blessed to have two sets of amazing grandparents.
17. for the legacy of love and commitment my grandparents set for all of my family. My Grandma is an inspiration to me, and I miss my Grandpa so much. I am blessed to have the wonderful memories I have of him, and that 4 of my 5 children knew him.
18. that my Grandma prays for me and can be an active part in our lives. She is amazing.
19. that I was there when my Grandpa went to be with Jesus this past summer. What a privilege.
20. for my siblings, that even though we lead different lives that we can still support and love each other.
21. that I have friends I can lean on and count on.
22. for the hard times we've been through these past 10 years. I can say that I have learned so much through them.
23. for God's grace and mercy, even when I don't deserve it.
24. for my health.
25. for my family's health.
26. that I can laugh every day at the little things that happen. There have been so many times when it was hard to do that.
27. that I can stay home and raise our children. I couldn't imagine not being here for every milestone and special moment.
28. that David has a job he LOVES and is so good at. He works hard for us and I appreciate that so much.
29. for the little wrinkles that are forming on my face. I have earned them and will learn to embrace them. hee hee.
30. that I can look ahead to my 30s and anticipate even more memories and learning and awesome experiences.

No comments: