Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter fun

22 hard boiled eggs! Once Gabe starts eating them I'll have to do at least 2 dozen! Maybe we should have our own chickens?





Plenty of candy was consumed, before 9am (and after)!



A little boy enjoyed his first Easter...even though the Easter Bunny didn't bring him any candy!


We went to Grammy and Grampy's house and spent the afternoon eating delicious food and spending time with family.
I sat the 5 cuties down for a group picture and this is what I got...I think it shows their personalities very well!


Gabe loved snuggling Grammy and Grampy:



Lukey snuggling his Aunt Anna (isn't her hair fabulous?)


Cousin Katie, a self portrait. *smile*


Great Grandma was there too, it was so nice spending time with her!


I got to drive Grandma home to the farm after dinner and we had the nicest time visiting in the car. When we got to her house her two little kitties were waiting at the door, very hungry. Grandma is so funny, she makes macaroni and cheese and keeps it in the refrigerator for them. She opens a can of cat food, puts some m&c in the bowl with it, and warms it in the microwave. Talk about spoiled kitties!!! She is so cute. After the kitties were fed, we danced to some big band music, although I did not inherit the ability to dance. Especially with my crippled foot. Grandma can still cut a mean rug at almost 83 years old!
On my way home I passed a field that had AT LEAST 50 deer grazing and romping...I have never seen anything like it in my life. I took some pictures (stopped the car first, of course), but they didn't turn out very good.
It was a really good day, a holiday full of fun with family.
Most of all, celebrating the true meaning of Easter. I am so grateful for the life that we have because of what Jesus has done for us!

No comments: