Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Ahh, Thursday. I really love Thursday. This week really flew for us, at least for me. One week closer to spring and warmer weather, days spent outside, walks and sunshine. This dreary pre-spring weather is hard for me, the pretty white snow is gone and everything is still in it's winter "sleep", brown and muddy. The time change last weekend has made a huge difference, though. The days are longer, the sun seems warmer coming through the windows in the afternoon. I actually heard some birds singing the other day, and that really lifted my spirits! I know spring is coming, and I can't wait.
Sickness has been like a plague here the past 2 months. One thing after another, without much break in between. Lots of wakeful nights, lots of bleach, lots of cuddles and snuggling a feverish little boy this week. Sometimes it is hard to find things I'm thankful for in the midst of a time like this, but this morning I was reminded of many things I am so incredibly thankful for.

**Warm little bodies, sandwiched in between daddy and mommy all night.(not always so comfortable, but comfortING)

**The half hour spent with my youngest this morning before the other littles woke. Special quiet time is few and far between.

**The hugs and kisses I receive from sleepy heads tumbling down the stairs.

**My hardworking hubby, who so sweetly started the dishwasher at 3:30 this morning.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The plague's been here too! Thanks for reminding me to be thankful even amidst all the snot :)